Monday, March 29, 2010

A Puffy Blanket for Little Pea

Miss Tiffany over at Peanut Blossom is patiently awaiting the May arrival of her "Little Pea." I've known Tiffany for a few years, but I think I have gotten to know her best through her blog. So when I first heard she was pregnant over the winter, I couldn't wait to make a baby gift for her.

While the good thing about blogs is that you can learn a lot about another person, the bad thing is you can't share your projects if you readers are the gift receivers. I've been working on this blanket for the past couple of weeks, but I had to keep a tight lid on it until it was in Tiffany's hands. And now that it is, here we go...

This is the Ribbons Baby Blanket done in three colors: teal, lime, and magenta. I've knit this pattern once before, but for whatever reason, it turned out much puffier this time. The yarn was a little thicker, so maybe that was it. It just made it a little more roly-poly-oly.


And here's a picture of the gift wrapped and a card I made. (Thanks, Tiffany, for taking great pictures...something I forgot to do!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

You're too hard on yourself, the "puffiness" you refer to will be loved by a baby. Who doesn't love fluffy?? Easier to grab and snuggle, in my opinion. And the card and wrap totally made my day. Love that color combo!

LollyChops said...

Beautiful blanket and awesome colors Carrie...!

I hope my wittle wubby boy is feeling better!

HUGS!

Angie said...

LOVE the colors you choose! It turned out gorgeous! Cute wrap job too! ;)