Monday, March 22, 2010

Obsessive Consumption

In my recent online wanderings, I came across Obsessive Consumption. Instead of trying to describing it myself, I did an easy peasy copy and paste job from the About section: "Kate Bingaman-Burt was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin in 1977. She founded Obsessive Consumption in 2002 and has documented her personal consumption in many different mediums. Her first book, Obsessive Consumption: What Did You Buy Today?, will be published by Princeton Architectural Press in March 2010." So to sum that up, Kate's blog is filled with drawings of the items she buys each day. Seems like it wouldn't be that interesting, but it really is. And I wonder how the thought of drawing something affects her purchases? Hmm...



Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

The Litter Box House said...

Oh no, that can be a very dangerous site for me. Temptation is everywhere...

Selkie on Ravelry

Carrie said...

I know...Ravelry is enough on its own!

LollyChops said...

I adore her blog and her drawings. I cannot believe what she's done with it!! Totally amazing stuff!